We are recruiting volunteers now. To find out more about volunteering for FareShare please see the video on this page and information below.
Volunteers from Ashford will be particularly welcome as our warehouse is based on Ashford Business Park.
What commitment do I need to make?
– you will need to commit yourself to at least one shift per fortnight
– all volunteers need to be able to follow procedures, especially relating to food hygiene
– commitment to equal opportunities and adherence to organisational policies of FareShare
What do FareShare volunteers do?
Here are some of the roles that are available from time to time:
- Warehouse assistants – Ensure that food is of an acceptable quality for redistribution and assist in counting and categorising the food, as well as picking orders and loading vans.
- Delivery drivers and assistants – Collect and deliver food to a wide variety of community organisations.
- Administration assistant – Support with answering phones, data processing food and making food orders for charities and community groups across Kent.
- Cleaning assistant – Support with cleaning the warehouse, offices and vehicles.
What does FareShare offer me, as a volunteer?
- The opportunity to gain some work experience.
- The chance to give practical help and support to help feed the community.
- A chance to meet new people and make new friends.
- Training opportunities and self-development.
What experience do I need?
- We are open to all volunteer enquiries. Experience in volunteer role opportunities would be good, but not essential.
- Drivers all need to have a clean driving licence and be over the age of 25.